Sometimes you want to clear search history on new Walmart app but unable to do so. Below are few solutions to your problems.
Can You Clear Search History on Walmart App?
Yes, you can remove or clear your Walmart app search history by utilizing the program’s inbuilt Clear All option. However, there are certain limits.
The Walmart app’s native ability to remove your search history clears only the previous five searches you’ve conducted on Walmart. But that’s fine since after you clear the latest five searches, the searches before the ones you cleared will no longer appear.
Unless you close and restart the app.
So, if you want to remove your search history, especially if you don’t want a third party to see some of the items you’ve recently looked for, you may utilize the Clear All function on the Walmart app.
How to Clear Search History on Walmart App
Depending on your purpose for wishing to remove your search history on the Walmart app, there are numerous ways to do it.
In this post, we wil This option allows you to delete only the five most recent Walmart app searches. This ensures that older searches do not appear when you click the search button, even though it does not clear all of your searches.
Clear Recent Searches And Views
So, kindly follow the procedures below to clear recent searches on views:
- Launch the Walmart app on your mobile device.
- Click the Shop tab at the bottom of the screen after logging into your Walmart account.
- Tap the search bar at the top of the screen without typing.
- After tapping on the search box, two sections, Recent Searches and Recent Views, appear beneath the search bar.
- To clear your search history on the Walmart app, tap Clear All next to Recent Searches and then Clear All next to Recent Views. l go through all of your options for erasing your search history on the Walmart app and ensuring that your privacy is maintained when using the app.
Search For More Stuff
Remember that the search history only displays the five most recent searches or views?
The next most recent searches and views may appear when you resume the app even after deleting your recent searches or views and leaving the app. If you want to permanently hide such searches, just search for numerous different goods on the app. So that the searches you wish to hide are pushed further down the list and no longer appear in your recent searches.
To conceal prior sensitive searches from the list of recent searches, simply search for more and more products.
Clear All Data in Cache
In addition to the options listed above, there is a more complete way to clear your full search history on the Walmart app. Ensure that it cannot be retrieved again. To accomplish this, you must delete all application data.
Every program loaded on your phone is given a memory space on your phone known as cache memory. This cache memory contains all of your data and application usage information, including login information, settings and preferences, search history, subscriptions, and more. Clear all data in the cache memory to guarantee that your search history is totally removed from the Walmart app.
To clear all data from your Walmart app cache, follow these instructions:
On the Android platform:
- Close the Walmart app by swiping away from recent purchases.
- Select App Info by long-pressing the Walmart app on your phone.
- Choose Clear Data next.
- Choose Clear All Data from the options that appear. The other option is to just clear the cache, but in order to ensure that your search history is properly erased, you must select the clear all data option.
However, this will also clear your login, and you will need to input your login information again when you use the Walmart app the following time.
- Verify the action to clear all data when requested.
- Reopen the Walmart app, and you’ll see that your search history has been totally cleaned.
On the iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your smartphone.
- Choose General.
- Choose iPhone Storage.
- Walmart should be chosen.
- Choose the Offload app.
- Verify the activity.
- Choose to reinstall the app.
Reopen the Walmart app on your iPhone once you’ve done this, and you’ll notice that your recent searches have been erased.
Uninstall The App
The final option for erasing recent searches on the Walmart app is to entirely remove and then reinstall the app on your phone.
All information associated with the program, including your search history, is deleted when you remove it.
If you wish to permanently delete your search history from the Walmart app, just uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone. To accomplish this:
- Close the Walmart app by swiping away from recent purchases.
- Next, depending on your phone’s operating system, long click on the Walmart app and select Remove App or Uninstall App.
- Tap to confirm that the app is being uninstalled or deleted.
- Next, search for and reinstall the Walmart app on your phone in the app store.
Why Should You Delete Your Search History on Walmart App?
You may wish to remove your search history for a number of reasons. Here are the major reasons why we believe it is important to periodically clear your search history on the Walmart app.
Delete your Walmart app’s search history to preserve your online privacy. If you do not remove your search history, you are leaving a data trail that Walmart, advertising third parties, and even the people near you can use.
Additionally, you might need to conceal some searches that could be embarrassing if discovered by someone else on your phone.
If you’re preparing a surprise for someone who could have access to your phone, it’s a good idea to delete your Walmart search history. This is due to the fact that you may have searched for a product on Walmart that you intend to surprise the person with.
If the individual has access to your phone and sees your search history, they may conclude that you intended to purchase the item for them. Even if they don’t say anything, it will take the sting off of the surprise when it happens.
As a result, if you have any search history on your Walmart app that may be an indicator of your plans for a surprise, you should clear the data as soon as you finish the search.
Clear App Glitches
Aside from cleaning your search history, utilizing the clear cache approach also clears any problems that may occasionally arise on your Walmart app.
We’ve already discussed the significance of cache memory. Your Walmart app may have issues such as sudden hanging or shutting when this cache memory gets faulty or full.
Clearing the cache and search history might assist to repair such difficulties and get the Walmart app back up and running.
Someone may easily view your purchase history if they can access your search history on Walmart.
We also propose that you conceal things in your purchase history if you are concerned about your privacy or wish to hide certain of your orders from a third party. Please keep in mind that you cannot erase or hide an item from your purchase history.
To conceal or archive an item in your purchase history, follow the procedures below:
- Launch the Walmart app and ensure you’re logged in to your account.
- Navigate to your account, then click My Orders.
- You will see all of the goods you have purchased in a certain time period here. The default view spans the previous three months. Choose the timeframe that includes the item you wish to conceal.
- Next, click View Order Details next to the item you wish to conceal.
- Finally, choose Archive Purchase.